National Hazing Prevention Week is an annual week of activities and programs conducted on campuses and within organizations to raise awareness of the problem of hazing. We aim to educate students, staff, faculty, parents and the Lawrence community regarding the issue of hazing, how to recognize it, and how to prevent future acts of hazing.
National Hazing Prevention Week is September 19-23, 2016. To start planning your successful week of events in support of NHPW, visit the National Hazing Prevention Week website!
- This competition is open to the University of Kansas undergraduates, graduate students, and groups/clubs who design a poster meeting the contest criteria.
- Posters must be submitted by September 23, 2016 to be eligible.
- The winner of the poster contest will receive a $50 gift card to the KU Bookstore, as well as their image used during 2017’s Hazing Prevention Week. Two runners-up (if selected) will each receive a $25 gift card to the KU Bookstore.
- Posters must be sized at 11″ x 17″ and may be created in either portrait or landscape orientations. Poster designers should take into account that most printers do not print edge to edge and should consider incorporating a .25” border.
- Completed posters must be digitally converted into a high-resolution PDF or JPEG document (300 dpi minimum at 11″ x 17″) and submitted to email@example.com
- Posters must include:
- The words “National Hazing Prevention Week”
- The KU logo (can be downloaded at https://identity.ku.edu/download-form)
- Posters may not include the following:
- The poster may not contain any nudity or derogatory/defamatory images
- The poster may not contain any offensive, accusatory nor derogatory/defamatory language, unless it emphasizes an impactful statement about hazing.
- All design images must be original and may not infringe upon any copyrighted work
- Images and language will be accepted at the discretion of the Office of Student Affairs.
- Each poster designer must include the following information with their submission (Click Here for a Submission Form):
Anticipated Graduation Date
- By submitting their poster design, participants agree to have their name, likeness and design promoted if they are selected as a contest winner or runner-up. In addition, winners and runners-up agree to have their designs downloaded and printed in an unlimited amount in perpetuity without compensation.
- Open to US residents only. Awards will be reported in accordance with IRS regulations. Please consult with your tax professional if you have questions.